- February 9, 2011
- American Tack & Hardware Co. Inc.
- The Danger:
- An electrical short circuit in the night light can cause it to overheat and smolder or melt, which can burn consumers or result in fire.
- About 261,000 of these three night light models are being recalled: model numbers 71193, 71194 and 327879. Only those with KML molded on the back are being recalled. All three models have KML, ETL, the AmerTac logo and the model number molded on the back of the night lights' plastic housing.
Model number 71193 is a square shaped, white plastic unit with a flat translucent square window on the front and a button for changing the screen color.
Model 71194 and 327879 resemble a computer mouse with white plastic housing and inset translucent windows on the front and sides.
- Sold At:
- Hardware stores, lighting showrooms and home centers nationwide from March 2009 through January 2011 for about $7
- What To Do:
- Stop using the recalled night lights immediately and unplug them from the wall. Contact the firm for instructions on receiving a full refund. Call AmerTac toll-free at 800-420-7511 or visit amertac.com.
- For More Information: