- October 25, 2007
- Toys & Games
- Jo-Ann Stores Inc.
- The Danger:
- Paint on the handle of the toy gardening tools can contain excessive levels of lead paint, violating the federal lead paint standard.
- This recall involves about 97,000 items from the Robbie Ducky Garden Collection, including children's leaf rake, hoe, broom, and spade. The tools measure between 27 and 29 inches long. "Robbie Ducky Garden Collection" is printed on a tag attached to the handle.
- * The rake has a yellow handle with the head of a tortoise and green prongs.
* The hoe has an orange handle with a caterpillar and a blue blade.
* The broom has a purple handle with a duck and an orange brush.
* The spade has a yellow handle with the head of a frog and a red blade.
- An additional 16,000 toy rakes were recalled on September 26, 2007 and 6,000 toy watering cans on August 28, 2007.
- Sold At:
- Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores nationwide from January 2007 through September 2007 for about $7.
- What To Do:
- Immediately take the recalled toys away from children and return them to any Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Store for a full refund. For additional information, contact Jo-Ann Stores toll-free at (888) 739-4120 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, email the firm at email@example.com, or visit their Web site at www.joann.com.
- For More Information: