- June 5, 2008
- Simmons Kids
- The Danger:
- Some of the mattresses can measure smaller than the minimum width requirement for cribs, creating a gap between the mattress and some crib side rails, posing an entrapment hazard to infants.
- This recall involves about 20,000 Simmons Kids crib mattresses. The mattresses are open-coil crib mattresses manufactured between July 1, 2006, and March 23, 2008. There is a color label attached to the top or side of the mattress that has one of the following model names:
- Pottery Barn Kids by Simmons Kids Lullaby
- Simmons Kids Slumber Time Evening Star Luxury Firm
- Simmons Kids Baby Mattress Series 400
- Simmons Kids Baby Mattress 234 Coil Count
- There is also a law tag sewn into the edge of the mattress that has the date of manufacture and in most cases will contain one of the following model numbers:
- * H59044.15.0014
- Sold At:
- Pottery Barn Kids and nursery furniture retailers from July 2006 through May 2008 for between $100 and $150.
- What To Do:
- Stop using the mattresses immediately if the width measures less than 27 1/4 inches and contact Simmons Kids to receive a free replacement mattress. For additional information, contact Simmons Kids at (800) 810-8611 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET, Monday through Thursday, and between 8:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. ET, on Friday, or visit their Web site at www.simmonskids.com.
- For More Information: