What kind of liquid and food should I give my child after she swallows a penny (she seems fine) to help her push it through faster?
Fortunately, a swallowed penny usually comes out in just a couple of days. All you need to do is give the food and drink you usually give...and the body takes care of the rest! Obviously, this is a warning for you to keep small objects out of your child's grasp. An especially dangerous object you need to avoid are those little button sized batteries. Those can cause SERIOUS damage.