Ask Our Experts

Got Questions? We've got answers from experts and parents who've been there.

What should I do if my toddler swallows a foreign object?

What kind of liquid and food should I give my child after she swallows a penny (she seems fine) to help her push it through faster?

Submitted by nightingail4fun

Fortunately, a swallowed penny usually comes out in just a couple of days.  All you need to do is give the food and drink you usually give...and the body takes care of the rest! Obviously, this is a warning for you to keep small objects out of your child's grasp. An especially dangerous object you need to avoid are those little button sized batteries.  Those can cause SERIOUS damage.

The answers from our experts are for educational purposes only. Please always refer to your child's pediatrician and mental health expert for more in-depth advice.

Community Answers

0

Answer this Question
X


Enter an Answer to this Question

Tips
500 characters left